Friday, December 19, 2008

The flake report - from my 3rd floor perch

Well, the weather-folk were right! The snow storm arrived as predicted. It's around when I started working at 7 am, there was 7 inches of fluffy white stuff on the ground. It shows no sign of stopping.

The flakes are a mixed crowd.

Some wander aimlessly...very floaty and light. Others make a bee-line to the ground.

Not much wind, either. So, the floating flakes seem to be floating of their own volition and not because they are propelled by wind. It's quite lovely.

I haven't actually been IN the snow yet, so I'm not sure if it's the right material for a snowperson or snowball. I'm hoping it's at least a little wet, though, because there is certainly enough of it to make a whole village of peeps.

For now, until meetings wrap for the day, I am enjoying it all from my bird's eye perch, with a cup of coffee and the sounds of neighborhood snowblowers filling the air.

2 comments:

Butch Boo said...

OH!!

I am SO SO jealous!

Please send some over to London!

and continue to enjoy those lovely flakes

BB

X

amyrrt said...

Hey Sweetheart...I have had this address saved on my phone since my visit to you right after the "break up." Fuck I can hear you voice through your words Babe...and I think I'm a poet...hmmm. Just want you to know that I've been thinking about you. Christmas highlights all kinds of losses and comes with realizations. It seems like it sucks, but it is part of some cosmic fucking process I guess. Just wanted you to know I am always here if you need me and to thank you for being there for me. You are loved my friend.~~Ame